“The greatest mistake in the treatment of diseases is that there are physicians for the body and physicians for the soul, although the two cannot be separated. ~Plato
- Massage, Bodywork & Energy work such as Reiki is a way of communicating with the physical body, emotional and energetic body to promote balanced homeostasis.
- Massage, Bodywork and Reiki both directly and indirectly effect the nervous system, circulatory system, musculoskeletal system, and most systems of the body.
- Massage & Bodywork have been proven to improve blood circulation, calm the nervous system to help relieve pain, switch out ‘stress’ hormones with ‘good feeling’ hormones providing a calm that reduces both anxiety and depression.
- Massage & Bodywork application releases and relieves tired and spasmodic muscles and improves overall posture and muscle tone.
- From infants to the elderly, the power of touch with healing and loving intention – such as massage, bodywork and reiki – promotes life.
- Massage, Bodywork and Reiki are being utilized in hospitals and clinics around the USA, Europe and Asia to benefit the clients in pre and post op as well as trauma.
- Reiki is based on the principles of Universal Life Energy involving light to no touch, visualization and intention serving to align the chakras, balance the meridians and emotions and promote healing in the organs and glands.
- Some forms of Massage & Bodywork require you to be unclothed other modalities including Reiki do not require you to be unclothed but to be in lose comfortable clothing.
- Reiki can be used in places where regular massage manipulation techniques may be contraindicated.
“The physician must be experienced in many things, but most assuredly in rubbing.” – Hippocrates.